Friday 31 December 2010

A Happy New Wine Year and that all you wishes come truth !!

What a best occasion than New Year evening to drink wine. In France tradition it’s to drink Champagne and pop up the cork at midnight exactly. But New Year is time to do some assessment and in particular about wine. I’ve tasted a mountain of wine this year, I don’t remember everything.

But the ones that still in my mind for sure they are good. And my biggest wish should be to drink it for this night.

New Year is the occasion to give award, you see on internet every blogger give award to other one but why not give award to the wine they taste. Some of them do and I’m glad of that. After all wine is the star of our work. It’s why we start writing, why we want to share idea or why we start a blog.

The award of the best pinot I tasted this year comes to a Vosne Romanée 2001 from Jean Pierre Mugneret. Not a very deep wine but just something simple well made not over price and very good. A typical pinot with cherry and leather taste.

The award of the best sparkling comes to Triple Zero of Jacky Blot, just because is a natural wine all fermentation and all taste come from the grapes. It’s pure with fine bubble.

The award of best Bordeaux is for a Cos d’Estournel 2007. I know it’s quite surprising because 2007 is renowned as a bad year. But from a good Château such as Cos it doesn’t matter. It’s just deep, intense, flavorful and well made as usual.

The Best White I tried this year and the award of best white comes to Domaine de Bongran Viré Clessé 2004. Just because this wine looks like a white Grand Cru from north burgundy, with is buttery and flowery flavor an example for all wine from Maconnais.

The award of the best sweet wine is for Château Guiraud 2002. 2010 for me was the occasion to taste Yquem and all the great from sauternes but my best souvenir comes from this Château not very famous but who’s doing a great job for sure. The wine is full of exotic fruit and marmalade but with a freshness that you don’t find easily in sauternes.

The award of the best foreign wine : I’m sorry but I always come back to my classic. It’s a Barolo Bricco delle Viole from G.D Vajra in 2006, it was quite young but with time I’m sure it will come a beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment